SQL Health Check
We break this down into 3 phrases: Planning Assessment and Review.
Phase 1: Planning. (An hour or so +/– we’ve done it before!)
We need a short meeting - call it an hour. We’ll need at least one stakeholder and a technical representative because we need to learn about you – business issues as well as technical.
We start by listening – hence the stethoscope! We have a comprehensive suite of tests, but listening allows us to tailor the execution of our plan to your needs. Then, we’ll discuss access/permissions requirements, identify critical targets, and plan the actual execution.
Phase 2: Assessment
What happens next depends on what we discover in the planning phase. So, time and details may vary, but, at a high-level, there are some common steps:
- Collect Statistics from your system (60 min – our ‘tailored’ procedures)
- Review (30-60 min) in a 2-way dialogue to address any questions/concerns before Spantech starts their assessment
- Spantech evaluates the information collected (off site). 1 to 2 business days
- Spantech drafts the assessment documentation summarizing findings and recommendations (1 to 2 business days)
- Spantech will conduct an internal review with our experts to leverage a broad set of experiences.
Phase 3: Client Review (an hour or two)
- Schedule a meeting of the team, and send a copy of our results and recommendations
- At the meeting, review the scope of the health check and discuss how to read the documentation
- Present an executive summary and any other significant findings/recommendations
- Address the specific concerns your stakeholder(s) shared in Phase 1
- Listen to your feedback
- Discuss Next Steps to partner with you as necessary
We believe in our team and our methods! We are confident in the following:
1. You’ll walk away with greater insights into your data ecosystem.
2. You’ll understand a plan of action to keep your data “healthy”
3. You’ll like what you see from us.
You have little to lose and a lot to gain. Try us.